Thursday 10 February 2011

Printmaking


Long time no update! I do apologise. I have been busy I promise. I've been working on some very exciting projects at the Bluecoat in Liverpool with my three brilliant Blue Room groups of wonderful adults with learning disabilities. Recently I've been working with print artists Lisa Wigham and Sam Hickson on a fascinating etching project, making use of the wonderful Intaglio Print Studio at the Bluecoat.

The group learnt how to make soft ground etchings on aluminum plates, before inking them up and sending them through a huge 100 year old press. The etchings, made in response the the Underwater exhibition currently on at the gallery, were absolutely beautiful. I also got excited about printmaking, using an old knitting needle to scratch into shiny card to make etchings of plant cells. I'd love to make some of my prints into miniature artist books.

No comments: