Monday 18 April 2011

Tiffany At The Haworth


On Friday I went to the Haworth Art Gallery in Accrington to explore the Tiffany glass collection for the ReVisit series of workshops. The collection is beautiful, I particularly liked the way that the objects had been displayed on light boxes. The soft diffuse light made the colours shine like jewels. I think I'll draw upon this and fashion my own light box to display the objects we create during the workshops. I also want to utilise the wonderful window spaces in the gallery to create a naturally illuminated installation.

I had chance to discuss my ideas with Yvonne Robins from the Haworth and Laura Rodgers from Creativity Works who have commissioned the project. The plans that are emerging are really exciting. The project kicks off on Friday 13th May with the Museums at Night event. All are welcome to come to the gallery from 6-7.30pm to contribute to a growing installation of kaleidoscopic bottle bases. There are also grand plans to create a kitsch multicoloured mocktail bar complete with a light-up drinks fountain! Co-ordinating art and refreshments, brilliant!

No comments: